Saturday, November 8, 2008

Little of This, Little of That

Today I spent a total of 6 hours in a Muay Thai test for my level 6 certification.

I pulled my glut half way through, and I'm going to have some terrific bruises, but I claim success nonetheless! Moreover, my friend Karol got her level 7 certification, and Todd his level 12 (well, his test is going to last this entire week...)

I'm pretty hungry, so I'm hoping a celebratory dinner is in the offing. But before that, a couple folks are coming over to take a look at the foster kittens even now trying to jump on the keyboard. It'll be fabulous if these two cats find a final home. As wonderful as they are, this house is already filled with adopted shelter cats (and a dog).

Finally, there is some interest from sites I've querried that review fantasy books in Plague of Spells. If you run a review site and would like a copy, I may have a couple to spare. Email me at bruce [ampersand] plagueofspells [period] com if you want a copy.

So ends this stream of consciousness blog entry. Where's the ice and ibuprofin?

3 comments:

Brett Huffman said...

Yikes, I can imagine. I was training MMA for awhile and would come away hurting from training all the time. I can only imagine what pure Muay Thai must do to your body.

Cheers!

Bruce Cordell said...

Usually its the jujutsu that ends up injuring me, actually. This is my first kickboxing injury. I tried to return to training this morning . . . and it was a little too soon, at least to go full bore.

Brett Huffman said...

Haha ... yeah, jiu-jitsu sucks too, but rolling was always my favorite part of training.

Good luck with your training. It's refreshing to see another writer/rpg geek interested in martial arts.

Cheers!