Friday, January 4, 2008

Commenting On My Blog

Some of you may have noticed that I disabled anonymous commenting on this blog. That's a pain, I know, but some nutcase calling himself "bruce l" anonymously intimated he'd like to see me and my family dead. Not far shy of a death threat, really.

So, no more anonymous commenting.

If you are not a member of Blogger, LJ, or some other Blogger approved site, you could get an OpenID and comment here. On the other hand, you may already have an OpenID and not know it.

The great thing about OpenID is that it gives you a single digital identity across the internet. So even if you don't want to comment on my blog, you might want to consider OpenID.

On the other hand, if it turns out that commenting becomes so much of a pain that no one comments anymore, I may have to reconsider.

4 comments:

John Ottinger III (Grasping for the Wind) said...

Not to worry. I will continue to comment ever so sporadically

Anonymous said...

OpenID is great. In fact, with a little tinkering, you can make your home page (brucecordell.com) your OpenID. The advantage is that now you have the power to control your online identity. Not bad, especially in this time of cyber-stalkers and anonymous odd balls.

Bruce Cordell said...

John, glad to hear it!

Ed (I think Ed, anyhow), I have been excited to get an open ID every since I heard about them (on Security Now). Looking forward to messing around with it :-).

Unknown said...

Bruce,

I was wondering about that. Thanks for letting me know.