Saturday, January 5, 2008

Get Blasted From Space, For Free


Until January 15th, you can download a free PDF copy of my event book When The Sky Falls!

When The Sky Falls describes what happens when a fantasy world is struck, and struck hard, by a meteor. The book provides new prestige classes for characters close to ground zero, a variant magic system powered by residual meteor fragments, and many new feats and spells. When the Sky Falls also describes frightening new monsters -- creatures twisted by their proximity to the Afterfall.

When The Sky Falls was one of the games I wrote with Malhavoc Press (a list that includes Hyperconscious and If Thoughts Could Kill). I remain as proud of it as anything I've done, mainly because it allowed me to stray outside regular fantasy tropes. When things fall from the sky in a fantasy world, they might be nickel-iron, but then again, they might be fragments of something far stranger . . .

2 comments:

Steve Peterson said...

This was really cool! And very interesting. It also made me want to look into buying the other event books.

George "Loki" Williams said...

Hey Bruce, I've been reading your work since you came on the scene years ago and have always enjoyed it immensely. If I am not mistaken we are both children on 1966 who got started early on gaming.

Thought you'd like to hear that all three of your Malhavoc titles are being used as core material in my 3.5 Spelljammer / Planescape game.

Glad to have stumbled upon your blog, I'll be reading..

-Loki in New Orleans
http://planejammer.wordpress.com
http://humidcity.com