Thursday, June 5, 2008

Plague of Spells Cover


This caught me by surprise, but it looks like the Plague of Spells cover is finished. Finished, and updated on Amazon, even!

I wonder if color reproduction on this art piece is accurate to the actual cover. The the blackish goop snaking into the frame from the lower right to strike the figure should be more blue in color, and more fiery in composition. I hope the actual cover is true to that description, but if not, not the end of the world. (Just as the Year of Blue Fire/the Spellplague isn't the end of the world for Faerûn . . . For some creatures that linger beneath Faerûn's catacombed mantle, it is just the beginning.)

Either way, I dig how this cover looks.

I'm already 25k words into the 2nd book of this trilogy. I'll be glad to see this first one hit the book stores.

5 comments:

John Ottinger III (Grasping for the Wind) said...

Awesome! Can't wait to read it!

Wade Hone said...

I'm pretty stoked to read this - I'm really looking forward to the new Forgotten Realms stories!

Wade -out.

Bruce Cordell said...

John and Wade,

Thanks!

Paul Genesse said...

Hi Bruce,

Cool cover and thanks for commenting on my blog about my book deal. We have met at Gen Con several times and talked about your Illithid modules. They were awesome.

Paul Genesse
Author of The Golden Cord
Book One of the Iron Dragon Series

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this post helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.