Friday, November 30, 2007

I'm Busy

I talk about how I'm so busy I have to work at home today on my Gleemax game blog:

Sometimes so many things are going on in the office that the only way to get anything done is to work at home. Yesterday I went from one unscheduled 'conference' to another, end to end, for pretty much the whole day. Many were in my cube, many more were via email, and a couple actually occured in conference rooms.

Which means that when all was said and done, I had written a grand total of about 700 words. Not to say that all the mini-conferences I was involved in were not also work--I'm leading two books simultaneously right now, and both have several writers working on them, and it's my job to keep everyone appraised of everyone else's work, to make sure everyonoe is actually on schedule, and to mediate disagreements on approach. Plus, I am responsible for an equal writing contribution. Whewh!

Anyhow, here I sit, working at home. At the very least, it's given me enough time to post here!

No comments: