Thursday, August 14, 2008

Gen Con So Far

Tomorrow I'll be running a D&D game at Gen Con from 8 am to 1 pm. I'll be using an adventure that takes place in the giant shared world of Forgotten Realms, and is held under the auspices of the RPGA's Living Forgotten Realms program. Speaking of Forgotten Realms, the 4th Edition campaign setting I helped write went on sale here. It was selling at a blistering pace. So quickly, in fact, we sold out what we brought to the Con in just hours. So, more cases were ordered, and should arrive tomorrow (fingers crossed).

Thus, I just finished my second read-through of the adventure, after a short lie-down in my hotel room.  Earlier today I ran two hours of general dungeon bashing fun, hung out for an hour signing autographs in the Sagamore Ballroom, and walked about a third of the convention floor hall.

Last night I arrived in Indianapolis, ate with a couple of my co-workers at Ruth Chris's Steak House (a minor feat for a vegetarian like myself), and attended the Diana Jones awards, where my friend and fellow Alliterate Wolfgang Baur shared the award for his Open Design work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being one of the six to luck out on that draw, it was great getting a chance to play with you. Whether it was also trying to decipher bizarre party interests in pottery or just bashing some ghosts.

And your "...and that character sheet" writing credit is one of my favorite Gen Con moments now.

Cheers,
Keith

Bruce Cordell said...

That was funny :-).

I had a great time DMing the Inheritance LFR adventure, btw. Thanks!